Today we've picked 5 top job openings for those creatives who decided to consider their next career step before 2022.
- Create, setup and implement particle systems for characters and props
- Create 3D geometry and textures for use with VFX
- Match the VFX to the art style of the game
The ideal candidate would be able to work in-studio at our office in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. However remote work is an option for the right candidate.
As a startup, we're currently a small team aiming to build a unique virtual space within the metaverse. We will be working on Unreal Engine and we’re looking to work with ambitious and talented people excited about the potential of metaverse gaming/technologies.
Your main mission:
- Create environments in tight collaboration with the creative director;
- Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction
- Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine;
- Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Use artistic references to improve visuals
- Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback
- Make a static gaming universe come alive
Some of your role:
- Work with game designers to convert ideas into usable experiences
- Create UX deliverables that demonstrate and communicate player needs such as user flows, wireframes, and prototypes
- Create, establish, and maintain entries in the UX pattern library
- Work closely with UI art to establish a consistent, player-focused interface
- Assist in moderation of playtesting and conversion of feedback into usable data for the team
Metagate is a new Web3 platform catering to NFT collectors and investors as well as crypto-gaming enthusiasts, recognizing the tight coupling between the two worlds.
- Significant contributions to at least 1 AAA shipped game or film
- Familiarity with id Software games, characters, brands, and universes
- Expertise in creating organic sculpted assets in addition to hard surface assets
- Environment art experience in addition to prop work
Moonray is one of the leading startups in the fast-growing blockchain gaming space. This is a chance to work with what will be one of the defining IPs of the next revolution in gaming.
- work from 2D concepts and generate 3D game-ready characters
- Work from 3D concepts and generate game-ready characters
- Full knowledge of the high poly → low poly pipeline
- Rigging experience
- Must be comfortable taking models into UE4 and setting up the skeletal mesh
- ZBrush and other standard 3D tools (Blender, Maya, etc)
- Knowledge of UV maps and texturing