Juri Bryan, a Senior VFX Artist from Industrial Light & Magic in collaboration with Rebelway school conducted a webinar on advanced water FX concepts.
Juri Bryan with Rebelway school published an in-depth webinar for VFX artists on the water FX concepts. Juri has shared his experience working in the art industry and discussed his way from a junior to a senior artist, the ups and downs of his career, his background before being involved in the industry, the ways he upgraded his skills, and how he ended up working with Industrial Light & Magic.
The main part of the webinar is dedicated to working on FX in Houdini, tips, and tricks, secrets of creating an amazing staff, still, it's also worth to listen about the career way of the artist and to receive advice and inspiration to make the next step in your career.
The webinar consists of:
- VFX Breakdowns of Juri’s Work on Lost in Space, Jupiter Ascending, and The Shallows
- How he quickly progressed through his career to land as the FX Lead at Important
- Looking Pirates and a Senior FX Artist at Industrial Light and Magic
- Showcase of Different Water FX Techniques in Houdini
- How VFX Studios Scope and Prepare for Complex Water FX Projects
- How to Deal with the Complex Logistics of Rendering Detailed Water FX
Recently Rebelway started a new course mentored and prepared by Juri Bryan, where he shares his secrets for creating impressive fluid work inside Houdini. The students will learn and start creating realistic waterfalls, bubbles, rivers, and a maelstrom. You may learn more details about the course here.