To The Sky is seeking a talented VFX Artist to join the team working on an unannounced AA, 3rd person action/adventure game. The game is in the early days of development and you will be joining the studio in an exciting and influential phase.
The To The Sky studio was founded in 2021 by industry veterans and is proud of being a partner of Thunderful Group. Currently, the team is working on its first title for PC and consoles. To empower the team, the studio is looking for a VFX Artist that is self-motivated, driven, and able to act on the direction set by department leaders.
"We develop games for PC and console using Unreal Engine 5 to power our ambitions. But we are not all about development, building a great studio culture and workplace is core to who we are and what we want to achieve. As a team we stem from various AAA backgrounds and joined together to create the kinds of games we would love to play.", says the team.
General responsibilities and traits
- Creating VFX for high-paced combat with strong knowledge and passion for stylized visuals.
- A keen eye for user experience and player perception.
- Knowledge of design and animation principles such as Anticipation, Impact, and Aftermath.
- Knowing how to apply these principles to your effects, in order to convey emotion and weight to the audience.
- Extensive technical knowledge of the building blocks for visual effects, such as textures, materials, and shaders.
- Experience working closely with Animators to synchronize VFX and Animations.
- Experience working closely with Audio to synchronize VFX and SFX.
- Optimizing VFX to address the game engine requirements and performance needs.
- Technical knowledge in scripting and blueprints in Unreal.
- You have a good understanding of creating, managing, and implementing assets into Unreal.
- You are great at both quick prototypes and highly polished final art.
You have hands-on experience within Unreal, usage of blueprints, Niagara, Cascade, and implementing VFX assets into the game.
- 3+ years of experience in Maya or Houdini
- 3+ years of experience in Unreal Engine
- 3+ years of experience in Photoshop or After Effects
The team is also looking for:
As a Senior 3D Animator, you will work closely with designers, artists, and programmers, focusing on fusing gameplay and visuals to create something that feels great to play and brings life to our characters and worlds.
As an animator at To The Sky, you'll be part of the creative team bringing our visions and our worlds to life.
You may learn more about this career opportunity and connect with the team on the 80.lv job board.