The company is hiring a full-time Game Programmer who will be creating unique and immersive experiences that SuperJoy Studios publishes for its worldwide playerbase.
SuperJoy Studios is a mix of quality and imagination that brings forth extraordinary gaming adventures within the Fortnite Metaverse. The team of skilled developers is right at the heart of the Fortnite Creative community, committed to creating custom games and experiences that captivate players with their visually stunning designs and immersive, engaging, and ultimately enjoyable gameplay.
At the moment, the company is looking for a talented full-time Game Programmer who will help to bring the unique and immersive vision that the company will share with the rest of the world. As a Game Programmer, you'll have the following responsibilities:
- Utilize UE and UEFN to develop, optimize, and maintain superior games and interactive experiences intended for Fortnite Creative.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and clients to program and implement gameplay features, mechanics, physics, and systems. Ensure the experience is functional from a technical perspective.
- Offer creative solutions and impervious code that facilitate the unique ideas, aesthetics, and game design of the company's experiences.
- Craft efficient, collaborative, and maintainable code in Verse. Assist the team with code reviews and troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Conduct rigorous testing and debugging to ensure game stability, and optimize performance, and user experience. Participate in Beta testing.
- Work autonomously to manage schedule and workflow to produce quality code in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Keep perpetually updated on UEFN updates, changes in the Fortnite Creative development space, and Unreal best practices. Develop and implement debug tools and software systems.
- Strong Bonus: Bachelor's degree in Game Design, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Over 2 years of experience as a Game Programmer, Designer, or Developer using Unreal Engine, UEFN, or alike.
- Familiarity with Fortnite and Fortnite Creative gameplay. Understanding of Creative Mode and its tools.
- Blue Shell bonus: Experience building Fortnite Creative Maps or Gaming Experience. Playing Fortnite and its Creative Modes.
- Expert ability to create and maintain robust systems and codes using Verse. C++ and other programming languages are a strong bonus.
- Experience developing high-quality games or game engine technology professionally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, including a proven fluency in English (both written and verbal forms).
If you feel like you can relate yourself to the following qualities, then SuperJoy Studios is waiting for you!
- You have a vested interest in the experiences and games you have a hand in bringing to life!
- You're searching for a stimulating role with unique technical needs that will require you to creatively problem solve in ways you yet to be challenged in!
- You have meticulous attention to detail.
- Your resilience is unmatched! You're able to persevere even when things get buggy or creative visions need alignment!
- You're a team player! Working with diverse teams on unique projects that continuously raise the bar for industry standards is a dream!