Get an opportunity to work at MSG Sphere Studios, Roboto Games, Metaverse Game Studios, Streamline Studios, and Flying Wild Hog.
At Roboto, our mission is to make games that are good alone and great together. Our games are real-time multiplayer and cross-platform, so friends can easily play together. Our upcoming title is a bite-size survival/crafting MMO that will also include the option to own web3 digital assets (such as NFTs). We believe in making inclusive hybrid free-to-play and -own games that are fun for years and that will appeal to a broad range of players. Whether it’s on mobile, web, or PC you and your friends can play together anytime and anywhere.
- 5+ years experience as a VFX artist in 3D games, simulators, or VR/AR
- 3+ years experience in Unity, using Shuriken, and custom scripts, to create real-time VFX
- At least 1 shipped title in a senior role as a 3D VFX Artist
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- Advanced understanding of the core principles of art content creation, game engines, pipelines, and processes
- Experience working on games as a service/live content
Madison Square Garden Interactive is looking for an accomplished Technical Artist who is eager to join us in our drive to push visual quality to the next level with skills in developing tools and creative assets for a variety of real-time technologies. This role requires in-depth technical knowledge and a strong aesthetic inclination. The ideal candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of both real-time and standard production art pipelines. The Tech Artist has experience working on AAA titles, has a passion for gaming, and has the ability to create immersive and story-driven work.
What do you need to succeed?
- 4+ years of professional experience as a technical artist on at least one AAA title
- Solid experience with high-quality visuals, following memory and performance targets
- Experience profiling performance and memory within game engines
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques, and fundamental art principles
- Solid experience with physically based rendering and Substance Suite
- Extensive game engine experience (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite)
- Self-motivated, structured, proactive, and detailed oriented
- Relentless drive to find solutions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A passion for games
Metaverse is a young and independent game development company led by industry veterans who worked for core games such as Far Cry, Destiny, Halo series, Warface, League of Legends, Diablo Immortal, Mount&Blade series, Metro Exodus, and more. We are developing Angelic, which has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you. If you are up to a challenge and want to deliver unforgettable RPG experiences to players around the world, our family is ready to welcome you!
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ years of experience creating VFX for games or film
- Proven experience in leading teams
- Solid Unreal Engine knowledge
- Self-motivated with considerable attention to detail
- Understanding of VFX performance bottlenecks and ability to optimize VFX assets
- Understanding of the game art pipeline
- Ability to manage VFX creation from concepts to the detailed and finished product
- A portfolio that demonstrates solid VFX Tech&Art skills
- Being able to adapt realistic sci-fi art style
- Ability to give constructive feedback to the VFX team
- Staying up-to-date on industry trends
- A keen eye for composition, shape, color, and detail
- AA+ game experience
- Great communication and leadership skills and also being a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
As a 3D Environment Artist, you will need to solve a wide range of problems with well-rounded experience across multiple disciplines, with a specialization in the environment production workflow.
You thrive on collaboration and report to the Lead Artist to work as a team toward the monthly content pushes and milestones. You have a natural curiosity for all parts of the creative pipeline, and invest time improving your skills.
- Works efficiently and effectively within the technical constraints of production
- Generates high-quality artwork that matches or exceeds studio standards
- Keep the Lead Artist up to date regarding the status of tasks at all times
- Obtain the Lead Artists' guidance and approval as needed on tasks, project initiatives, and milestones
- Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify Managers and Lead Artists in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges
Team and personal development
- Consistently refine one’s own artistic abilities and learn new software packages and in-house tools
- Keeping up to date with industry trends that are rooted in gaming technologies.
- Contribute and help build a positive team environment
- Being open to working on more technical tasks occasionally, e.g. making a complex shader for a character
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position in the game industry documented by a portfolio
- Ability to communicate ideas verbally and with the help of quick sketches
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Good knowledge of the English language enables easy communication in the team
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents) is a plus
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Creativity and an eye for detail
- Passion for games
You may find these articles interesting
80 Level Job Digest: Open Positions for Artists and Engineers
80 Level Job Digest: Career Opportunities for Talented Artists
80 Level Job Digest: Open Positions For Artists, Designers, and Programmers
80 Level Job Digest: Opportunities for Programmers, Artists & Engineers
80 Level Job Digest: Great Positions for Artists & Game Designers