You will make an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it.
Ubisoft Toronto is looking for a Texture Artist to work on a Far Cry project. The artist will make an immersive world come alive by creating and applying textures that give depth and dimension to everything within it.
"With a mix of observation, skill, and imagination, you add the details that define characters, objects, and environments. You take inspiration from reality to build believable materials, and adapt to new tools to push them to their full potential. You freely choose the methods that work best for you to create a finished look that fits the feel of the game and makes it memorable."
The daily life of a Texture Artist at Ubisoft Toronto:
- Collaborate with the art team to grasp the game’s artistic vision and set texture priorities.
- Study concept art and research your own references to develop the visual design language.
- Work closely with level artists to understand environment needs.
- Create textures from scratch, references, or scans & build and organize your texture library.
- Partner with modelers to suggest textures and help with 3D mapping.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Polish textures and apply them to 3D models.
- Document and share your knowledge and best practices.
- Modify your work based on feedback received from interdependent teams (debug and optimize).
- A college diploma in 3D Modelling or equivalent (undergraduate degree an asset)
- At least 1-3 years of experience in texturing, modelling, lighting, or other related experience
- Knowledge of 2D art tools (e.g. Photoshop) and familiarity with 3D software (e.g. 3DS Max, ZBrush, or Maya) + game engines (e.g. Unity or Unreal)
- A solid understanding of art fundamentals (lighting, composition, proportion, colour theory, etc.), physically based rendering, and game constraints
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent observation, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Aesthetic sensitivity and a keen eye for even the subtlest of details!
To apply, you need to send a CV and a portfolio of your best work. Do it here, find more work on our Job Board, and don't forget to join our 80 Level Talent platform, our Reddit page, and our Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we share breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.