Learn how to set up game environments using Unreal Engine 5 and Substance 3D tools.
Topics covered in the tutorial:
- Project planning and creating a proper blockout scene
- Creating Trim Sheets to enrich models with details
- Creating huge assets that use only tileable materials and weighted normal
- Creating the tileable materials for those assets using Substance Designer
- Creating custom decals to add more detail
- Creating models with unique textures
- Doing level art, lighting, composition, and post effects in Unreal Engine 5.
The course has been done in real-time with narration except for a few time-lapses for repetitive tasks so you can follow all the steps and understand tiny details. Pelase note that the time-lapsed chapters are included in real-time as a bonus.
The first step is planning the environment and creating blockout assets. Then, you will create materials and trim sheets for models. After creating all of the final assets, you will replace your blockout in Unreal Engine 5 with the final assets, set up materials, and place additional assets from Megascans or other libraries.