Get an opportunity to work for Marmoset, MSG Sphere Studios, Flying Wild Hog, Streamline Studios, Moment, or Roboto Games.
Previz Supervisor at MSG Sphere Studios
The MSG Sphere is like nothing else on earth. Here, 15,000 people at a time can gather for multi-sensory interactive experiences that are equal parts video game, amusement park ride, ephemeral community, and spectacle. The feel – it’s unforgettable, like sitting inside an eyeball the size of three football fields with sight, sound, scent, wind, heat, and rumble coordinating under computer control to forge an extended reality. You create that reality at MSG Entertainment in Burbank, California.
- Deep understanding of high-end VFX processes and Previz/CG pipeline
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Previz across a wide variety of content including film, advertising, episodic, and commercials
- Minimum 4 years of supervised experience
- Experience in Virtual Production, VR, or dome content is not required but is heavily preferred
- Expert user of Maya, 3DsMax, Unreal, Unity, or Houdini, plus a working knowledge of other 3D software and tools.
- Expert knowledge of lighting and rendering, and experience with Arnold, Redshift, VRay, Octane, or other common render engines.
- Experience managing asset creation and use across numerous shots and sequences
- Proven artist management and leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, take criticism, and work under high pressure with tight deadlines while maintaining team cohesion
Technical Animator at Flying Wild Hog
We are a team of top-tier and dedicated developers, designers, programmers, and artists who make our studio a creative and devoted workplace. We only work on games we believe in – sharing our excitement and fully committing to the project is our recipe for extraordinary results.
We are looking for a passionate who will become a new Technical Animator in our team. If you are an experienced rigger who is looking for an opportunity or you have a wild passion and want to start a great adventure in a gamdev industry then send us your CV and portfolio!
- 2 years of experience in a similar position in the video games industry
- Good knowledge in rigging and skinning
- Ability to create tools and scripts for the animation department
- Very good knowledge of any 3D package (Max, MotionBuilder preferably)
- Very good understanding of human anatomy
- Very good communication skills, openness for giving and receiving feedback
- Keeping up to date with current technology trends
- Unreal Engine knowledge is a plus
- Facial rigging experience is a plus
- The physics simulation experience is a plus
- Good English skills
3D Animator at Streamline Studios
We’re looking for a talented 3D Animator with a great understanding of 3D animation and rigging techniques to bring life into video games. You will have experience animating characters (biped, quadruped, winged characters, etc.), clothing, props, and possess a solid grasp of animation principles. Work collaboratively with the Creative Director, other animators, and artists to achieve a unified look and high quality in games.
- Work efficiently and effectively within the technical constraints of production
- Generate high-quality animations and rigging work that matches or exceeds studio standards.
- Animate characters in real-time and pre-rendered sequences that contribute to the overall cinematography and visual quality of the game environment.
- Capable of applying knowledge of optimization techniques and being a strong keyframe animator with a good eye for performance
- Keep the Art Director and Producers up-to-date regarding the status of tasks at all times.
- Obtain Art Director's guidance and approval as needed on tasks, project initiatives, and milestones.
- Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify Producers and Art Director in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges.
Team and personal development
- Consistently refines own abilities and learns new software packages and in-house tools.
- Actively contributes to the improvements of the animation team, problem-solving and production pipelines.
- Excellent team player that can assist other team members as well as guiding and train juniors
Learn more here.
Technical Artist at Moment
Moment, formerly known as Moment House, is an immersive community platform expanding with an unannounced product called Worlds. Since its inception in 2019, we’ve helped artists and creators design, deploy, and monetize social experiences where their global communities gather. Live ticketed Moments with artists and creators from Justin Bieber, Halsey, and Anderson Paak to Andrew Schulz, KSI, Morbid: A True Crime Podcast, Tame Impala, Tiny Meat Gang, Kaytranada, Whitney Cummings, and Kygo have connected music, art, podcast, and comedy communities of millions across 168 countries. As a conduit for the community, we're expanding our immersive experiences platform with Worlds, a utility-forward product to enable artists and creators to build stronger bonds with their communities in real-time.
- Experience with writing and/or debugging shaders
- Experience creating environment VFX
- In-depth knowledge of memory and performance impact from a 3D asset perspective
- Experience using Maya with multiple content development experiences (can be modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, animation, shader, or VFX)
- Excellent understanding of PBR systems and techniques
- In-depth understanding of game engines, pipelines, and processes
- Familiarity with 3js and WebGL-based engines
- Rock solid communication skills with a flexible approach to solving problems alongside a dedicated and passionate team
- Minimum 5 years experience in the games development industry working in a tech art position
- Proven ability to thrive in challenging and ambiguous environments
- Experience working across browser and mobile platforms
Check out more openings at Moment here.
Senior Technical Artist at Roboto Games
At Roboto, our mission is to make games that are good alone and great together. Our games are real-time multiplayer and cross-platform, so friends can easily play together. Our upcoming title is a bite-size survival/crafting MMO that will also include the option to own web3 digital assets (such as NFTs). We believe in making inclusive hybrid free-to-play and -own games that are fun for years and that will appeal to a broad range of players. Whether it’s on mobile, web, or PC you and your friends can play together anytime and anywhere.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Artist in 3D games, simulators, or VR/AR
- 3+ years of experience dealing with various artist workflows. i.e. Animation, Modeling, Lighting, and Asset Management
- Strong 3D Math fundamentals
- Experience writing and optimizing shaders in HLSL or similar
- Experience shipping titles with pipelines that support multiple delivery platforms (PC, Console, and Mobile)
- At least 1 shipped title in a senior role as a 3D Technical Artist
- Experience communicating with team members including engineers and artists
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages e.g. Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Blender, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
Check out more career opportunities at Roboto Games here.
Tools Engineer at Marmoset
The responsibilities of a Tools Engineer on the Marmoset team will focus on the technical design and implementation of UI systems, and refining the user experience for new and existing workflows in 3D art production.
Qualified applicants should be:
- Well-versed in C++.
- Able to write clean, performant code.
- Comfortable with core 3D rendering concepts such as geometry, texturing, vector, and matrix math.
- Knowledgeable of current 3D art tools and pipelines in the market.
You may view some cool projects created with Marmoset here.
Check out more openings on the 80 Level Job Board. Also, don't forget to join our new Reddit page, our new Telegram channel, follow us on Instagram and Twitter, where we are sharing breakdowns, the latest news, awesome artworks, and more.
You may find these articles interesting