Fasttrack tutorials have published a new-brand course that will guide you through techniques to create tileable materials for games and film.
During this 14,5 hours course, you will be guided through the professional techniques, tips, and tricks for material creation and dive deep into the innovative workflow of Adobe Substance 3D Designer, ZBrush, and Reality Capture. The course is prepared and mentored by Emiel Sleegers, a Senior Environment, and Material Artist.
You will start with sculpting in Adobe Substance 3D Designer and ZBrush, learn the basics of photogrammetry in Reality Capture, the final renders will be completed in Marmoset Toolbag 4.
With this tutorial, you will receive a clear view of material creation, learn art techniques that stand behind the photo-realistic surfaces, and enrich your knowledge about art tools.
The course is divided into chapters with clear titles and a logical schedule:
- Folder 1 - How to create a basic Substance Designer material. 5 video files, 1h40m.
- Folder 2 - How to create an advanced Substance Designer material. 15 video files, 4h50m.
- Folder 3 - How to create a sculpted material. 16 video files, 4h50m.
- Folder 4 - How to create photogrammetry materials. 8 video files, 2h.
- Folder 5 - Bonus Chapters (polishing materials and creating unreal scenes). 2 video files, 1h.
This course would be a great match for creatives of every level, from junior to senior. The mentor recommends checking out some basics of tools that will be used during the tutorial. Beyond that point, you will be able to dive deep into the material art workflow and learn crucial techniques and innovative ways of work without struggling.