Packing times were reduced by 20-30% on CPU and by 30-40% on GPU.
In case you missed it
UVPackmaster for Blender got updated to version 3.1.5, introducing new features and performance optimizations. According to the developer, packing times have been reduced by 20-30% on CPU and by 30-40% on GPU, and future releases will up the numbers even more.
The update also brings a new option for Groups To Tiles mode: Pack To Single Box. It forces every group to be packed into a single target box. The option can be set globally (for every group) or be overridden on a per-group basis.
There is a new Group By Similarity operator, which groups all selected islands by similarity and saves generated groups in a grouping scheme, which can be then used during packing in the usual way. The operator is compatible with all similarity-based options provided by the packer.
Other changes include:
- new Group Layout Mode setting for the Groups To Tiles mode: Tile Grid;
- improved convergence of the pixel margin algorithm - the algorithm now needs less iterations to finish packing;
- in order to simplify the learning process for new users, the packer now shows various usage tips in output;
- new operator Remove UVPM Data From Objects: remove UVPM data from selected objects (UVPM color attributes);
- change for users who manually embed the engine in the addon: in order to simplify the process, the required engine folder name is now engine3. Thanks to that, you don't have to rename the engine folder after moving it into the addon folder.